Wee Ones is the premier manufacturer of premium hair bows, headbands, clips and other fashionable accessories for infants and girls of all ages. The company’s product portfolio also includes Sublime Designs, a line of fun and trendy sublimation-printed socks and accessories for kids and grown-ups!
For a small company, the atmosphere at Wee Ones is fast-paced and dynamic. We are family-owned and offer a fun and energetic work environment. No two days are the same, and we often have to be jack-of-all-trades to get things done. Everyone’s job has several facets, and problem-solving skills are used every day. Everyone on the Wee Ones team plays a key role in our success.
Design Services Specialist
With an emphasis on graphic design, and in collaboration with the Wee Ones Design Team, we will rely on you to coordinate and participate in a wide range of activities related to developing, designing and executing new products for Wee Ones and its family of brands. Your enthusiasm for our products and brands will be demonstrated as you perform these activities:
- Design, prepare and develop “on trend” graphic and accessory designs that are consistent with the brand strategy and direction.
- Participate in meetings with other team members to recommend and discuss feasibility of new product concepts and designs.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop new products and designs and/or revise existing product designs according to project strategy and objectives.
- Understand relevant trends and predictions and make recommendations for designs that are in alignment with project strategy and objectives.
- Develop seasonal trend story or mood boards in conjunction with product design and development.
- Graphic design production and formatting of all designs for sublimation printing, including color matching and color testing.
- Design and prepare samples of ribbons, bows, socks and other products, when necessary.
- Create, revise, and prepare designs and specifications for internal design and production teams and help adapt designs for production to manufacture consistently
- Create, revise and prepare product technical designs to communicate to outside vendors for sourced products.
- Work with outside vendors and/or factories to create prototypes and refine product’s construction and test colors. Track and facilitate product samples and approvals and communicate progress and challenges throughout the process.
- Prepare product design documents and specifications. Maintain library of product specifications, costing, technical and functional documentations and prototype notes.
- Provide custom graphic design assistance to outside customers for products specifically related to Wee Ones and Sublime Designs programs.
This is a full-time position located at the company headquarters in Earth City, MO working Monday-Friday. Earth City, MO is a suburb of St. Louis, MO.
This fast-paced job requires these qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic or Product Design, or related discipline, and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel.
- Capable of developing proficiency on internal ERP System (VSR). Training provided.
- A strong, dynamic portfolio showcasing a refined design aesthetic
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary based on experience, and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send resume and link to your portfolio to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Please consider joining our amazing team of creative professionals, dedicated to designing and manufacturing the best products in the business!