Wee Ones is the premier manufacturer of premium hair bows, headbands, clips and other fashionable accessories for infants and girls of all ages. The company’s product portfolio also includes Sublime Designs, a line of fun and trendy sublimation-printed socks and accessories for kids and grown-ups!
We may be a small company, but we think on a bigger scale. We create. We innovate. We collaborate. Our team takes great pride in the quality products we design, manufacture and distribute to a community of loyal retail customers and moms across the country. We are a fun, creative bunch! We love studying the trends and brainstorming to push the boundaries of our small bow company.
At Wee Ones, no two days are the same, and we often have to be jack-of-all-trades to get things done. Everyone’s job has several facets, and problem-solving skills are used every day. Each and every member of the Wee Ones team plays a key role in our success.
Senior Product Designer
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to spearhead and execute the design and development of our existing and new accessory lines.
Roles & Responsibilities
You are responsible for the development of Wee Ones’ products from initial conception through to production. You are a pro at all aspects of the design process, can effectively drive project timelines and problem-solve on the go.
- Act strategically. You’re able to see the big picture and make decisions based on the company’s objectives and overall vision. You have ideas to enhance and improve our current accessory lines and will research and execute new product ideas to take the company to the next level. You want to bring a product vision to life!
- Ideation, prototyping and design iteration. You must be a maker at heart. Physical prototyping and bow tying (instruction included) is our bread-and-butter. It’s a daily activity that brings life to our ideas, informs design decisions, and drives our process forward. After studying the trends, you’ll get your hands moving, work quickly, and iterate often. “Make it work and make it better” is our motto!
- Sourcing and manufacturing. As awesome as our ideas may be, the execution of these ideas is just as important. You’ll travel to national textile shows and gift markets to purchase the latest and greatest ribbons, materials, and adornments. You’ll also be responsible for sourcing new materials and products from national and international sources. You’ll be in charge of working with our Production team and outside manufacturers to make sure our products are made according to our design specs and company standards.
- Project Management. No two days are the same. Our Design Department is constantly juggling multiple projects, and it’s your job to keep us on track! You will oversee the logging of new products into the system, as well as ordering samples for the sales team and choosing colors for product photography. You are responsible for understanding and reviewing our product line sales and making recommendations for improving product development and production efforts.
- Editorial. A project is only as good as its descriptions. You will work closely with our Production and Marketing teams to help create clear product descriptions for our systems, catalogs and website.
- Management. This job simply cannot be done on your own, which is why you will supervise an Assistant Designer, and work closely with all other departments to get the job done.
You are an independent go-getter with strong design intuition and are interested in being part of a fast-paced team that gets things done in an enjoyable and energetic office. You must also be a strong project manager, capable of driving timelines, while balancing priorities and broader company objectives. A strong work ethic, communication skills, and adaptability are crucial for the role.
- Education and Experience. You have a Bachelor’s degree in fashion, graphic, product design or a related discipline, and have at least 3 years’ experience in a product-focused environment.
- Passion for creativity and thinking outside the box. You love hands-on learning and development. Creative projects are your jam, and you’re bursting with crafty new ideas and can whip them up quick. You’re eager to learn how to make a legendary Wee Ones bow!
- Meet challenges with resourcefulness. You have a willingness to try and not be afraid of failing. You develop innovative approaches and ideas and you put them to the test.
- Detail & process oriented. You move quickly, but will bring quality, care and thoughtfulness to everything you do. You own the product development process and strive for excellence in every aspect. You ensure that our t’s are crossed and our i’s dotted.
- Team player. You will work closely with our Production, Sales and Marketing teams to find creative solutions and solve problems quickly
- Always learning. You like the idea of new and exciting challenges and push the boundaries of what’s possible. You have a strong desire to learn and improve.
- Tech Knowledge. You’re proficient in Microsoft Office. If you’re proficient in the Adobe Suite or related software, that’s a bonus
- Positive Personality. You like to make every day a good day!
Quick Note: You’ll work in our fab design center at the Wee Ones corporate office in Earth City (St. Louis) . Sorry, this is not a remote position and does require you to be hands-on in our office.
Salary commensurate with experience.
If you’re excited about what you’ve just read, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting your portfolio or a link to your website, along with a resume and cover letter telling us why you're interested in Wee Ones and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team. We look forward to hearing from you at [email protected]. No phone calls please.
eCommerce Sales Manager
Join our fast-paced company as our eCommerce Sales Manager and help us take our online sales to the next level. Bring your experience and a willingness to learn, and we’ll give you an opportunity to make a difference from Day One.
About the Role
Historically a B2B business, our B2C sales are growing rapidly, and as eCommerce manager, you will oversee aspects of both businesses. Reporting to the CEO, you will work closely with the Marketing team to develop content and digital marketing strategies to support online sales, and with the Sales team to leverage online activities to support our traditional sales channels.
Our website (www.weeones.com) serves as both a B2C and B2B platform. As eCommerce manager, you will personally manage product listings and content, and have access to development partners on more technical issues. You will play a leading role in determining our future strategy and direction on all aspects of our website and eCommerce platforms.
Our Amazon store is a growth engine for the company, and you will, with the support of an external agency, manage listings, optimize content, coordinate replenishment and ensure customer satisfaction.
Finally, you will be responsible for researching, identifying and developing relationships with e-commerce retailers, helping expand our online reach beyond our B2C platforms.Who This is For:
- You are performance driven, set goals and challenge yourself to exceed them.
- You are technically proficient yet have a curious nature and desire to learn new skills.
- You are detail-oriented and can be counted on to deliver on commitments and meet deadlines.
- You are resourceful in finding solutions and leverage your resources and network to get things done.
- You take ownership of your job and do what it takes to get the job done, but also are a team player and willing to jump in to help others.
- You communicate proactively – to your supervisor, other colleagues, vendors and customers.
- You prefer to work alone with minimal interaction with others.
- You require constant supervision, direction and feedback.
- Spreadsheets, details and arithmetic make you uncomfortable.
- You view problems as problems and not an opportunity to solve them.
Location: Earth City (St. Louis), MO.
Employment Type: Full Time (Monday – Friday)Preferred Qualifications: This fast-paced job requires these qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related, or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years of eCommerce website experience (merchandising, management)
- Proficiency using an eCommerce platform; OpenCart experience a plus
- Capable of developing proficiency on internal ERP System (VSR)
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience conducting data analysis to measure and improve performance
- Proven ability to collaborate with others to deliver growth in sales and profits
Compensation & Benefits: We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary based on experience, and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, matching 401k contributions and future growth opportunities within the company.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls please.